View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Marc B. Mankuta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2 KEEP or not 2 KEEP?

Would never consider getting out of a car "just" because they stop production. And if you would than why get into an S2000, they're stopping production on that too within the year. This car is great fun and its definitely something special. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the Cross breeding of the car will make it a collectors item down the long road. Most of the collector cars of today (European) were sports cars manufactured for one company and designed by another. The Mercedes mechanicals and Karmann build imported for Chrysler is/will be very unique. Unfortunately the other 2 American examples that are somewhat similar aren't too collectible (yet). The Chrysler TC built by Maserati probably isn't too sought after because it looks the same as a Lebaron convertible and the Cadillac Allante may become more collectible as time goes by but IMO was never a real striking design. Neither one can touch the Crossfire when it comes to looks though and that's what I think will ultimately make our cars collectible.