Old 11-21-2011, 04:00 PM
JHM2K
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: BEGi Crossfire Turbo Kit by Bell Experimental Group

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I was thinking about airbrush work on my engine cover. Should that idea be tossed out at this point, or do we forsee some whittling on the cover and it's all good?
Hold your horses on the cover for the moment -- I'm trying to build a case to Corky to use the E-320 cover. While not his personal preference b/c of the exposed coil packs, I see multiple other positives to be had:
  • Inexpensive/easy to find
  • Hides the maze of harnesses/fuel piping
  • Thin, and open in the center near the manifold, i.e. no heat soak
  • Lightweight
  • OEM fit & finish
  • A delightful branding of the motor's true heritage
  • Perfect space for BOV, if he decides to implement one
I have attached a photo of the engine cover in question. He said he would like to install a BOV in a manner that would redirect the release pressure back into the pre-charge intake side, but to me that seems like an expensive solution looking for a problem most of us won't mind. With only ~7 psi boost, the BOV would make a muffled "shhhhh" upon shifting, not the rice-a-riffic "PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH" you hear on the 20psi Lancers. The little cavity on the cover is perfect for a small BOV. Would any of you guys be deterred if you heard the turbo doing the deed?

To wit, how many SRT owners have griped about the Needswings intakes making their supercharger louder?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
320-2.jpg (80.8 KB, 116 views)