Thread: Service And Mot
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Baz15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Service And Mot

Originally Posted by xfchris
hi mate...i live in sandhurst berks and have always used knowle hill with my previous chryslers and jeeps, they phoned me saying mine was due a service soon and quoted me £240 for a 1 spanner service (which i think is just an oil and filter change walk round it and kick the tyres ) only done 4000 miles since last service although it was over 18 months ago, might look for a mercedes indie dealer, looking on the mb forums theres one in caversham called star motor sevices...post it up if you find anywhere else at reasonable cost....
Hi Chris..
Star motor services near to me. About mile away.. Know little about them myself to be honest.. There are two Indie. Merc dealers in caversham.. J Griffiths in Hemdean Rd, Caversham the other...

As i say.. Know little about either.. But guessing they do well in this area because Greenoaks Mercedes-Benz of Reading got a bad rep, Esp for quality of work ..

Regarding Knowl hill garage will prob look to them first and take it from there..
This will be my first dealing with any Chrysler dealer. As previously had Alfa's..Renault.

Renault in particular seem to have caught on, to keep their customers coming back with excellent £129 Main Dealer Service and Mot offers.. Gonna miss those kinda deals.. With main dealer stamp in book..

Not that i'd wanna give up the Crossfire and go back..

It seems, based on replies to my thread that Chrysler main dealer servicing quotes vary massively.

May even contact Westbury Chrysler of Shrewsbury (from that area originally) and go home visit my family for few days if the costs add up? They often advertise as being the lowest main dealer rates in uk in local papers/web etc..

Amazingly. It seems that Shrewsbury now has two Chrysler dealers within ONE mile of each other?
Drayton Group, Now offer Merc and Chrysler in Shrewsbury..Get feeling that's a rarity..

TWO CHRYSLER dealers , ONE MILE apart?

Like everyone on here.. Just want a quality service/Mot.(With Mobil 1 oil etc) at a sensible price..

Don't really have the time or skill to do it myself. and dealer stamp in service book is handy, So its a case of balancing the costs with quality of service..

Must say though.. £155 for PAGET Brake pads and disc's all round at EURO CAR PARTS with WINTER25 voucher code seems good value..

Suppose its down to how good PAGET brakes are?

Any experience of them anyone?

May look into fitment of brakes in advance of service..

Least got about 8 weeks.. Best get ringing round.