U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Service And Mot

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service And Mot

Hi to all..

Been nearly 12 months since buying my 06 plate Crossfire coupe.. Quickest 10 months of car ownership for me..
And within the next 8 weeks or so going to be looking at a Service/Mot for the car.. Looking through service invoices from previous owners last service think i'd best budget for brake pads and disc's this time around?

See Euro car parts offering PAGET pads and discs all round for around £155 inc of a 25% winter discount/sale offer?

Worth exploring maybe in advance of main dealer service? Know little about PAGET brakes.. So thought i'd check if anyone on here has used them or know of them?

Could be a more expensive service this one.. Given on last service highlighted approx 10,000 miles left re- Pads/ Discs...

Done 9000 this year...

Live in Reading.. So for servicing was thinking of Knowl Hill garage about 8 miles away?

I'm budgeting ahead.. But i'd guess a main dealer service. With MoT and Brakes all round going to be a little pricey?

Least tyres looking good.

Care to take a rough guess on cost anyone?

Regardless of the above though.. Really enjoyed the first 10 months of hassle free (so far) ownership.

Not able to make warranty claim.. Which all things considered.. is good..

Warranty out now.. so its fingers cross from here on in..

Any advice relating to above be helpful...

Have a happy new year all.

Baz

Old 12-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Default Re: Service And Mot

My local chrysler main dealer wanted £580 for two spanner and mot.They even wanted to change the spark plugs with the car only having done 20,000 miles.I decided to go to a recommended local garage who done it for £280.They used oem parts.As for the brakes i have just installed ebc slotted discs and redstuff pads to the front ,done it myself in hour and half, the car now stops on a dime.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi mate...i live in sandhurst berks and have always used knowle hill with my previous chryslers and jeeps, they phoned me saying mine was due a service soon and quoted me £240 for a 1 spanner service (which i think is just an oil and filter change walk round it and kick the tyres ) only done 4000 miles since last service although it was over 18 months ago, might look for a mercedes indie dealer, looking on the mb forums theres one in caversham called star motor sevices...post it up if you find anywhere else at reasonable cost....

Old 12-29-2011, 05:36 PM

How much roughly is a full set of pads & discs then?.
My dad put me in touch with a one man band mechanic who he has used & family trusted for his servicing needs throughout life & he has quoted me £125 for a full service...fully certified & stamps books etc.... asked him to explain what would be done, i then phoned a chrysler dealer & asked them and they wanted triple that for less being done.
Plugs need changing every 100,000 I think?........long life plugs are they not?.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Thumbs up Re: Service And Mot

I changed the front pads and discs recently, went for ebc red stuff and Euro car part discs could really notice the difference. Google discount codes for EBCDirect I saved 15% and got free shipping. I think I used the code SCOOBY15.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by xfchris
hi mate...i live in sandhurst berks and have always used knowle hill with my previous chryslers and jeeps, they phoned me saying mine was due a service soon and quoted me £240 for a 1 spanner service (which i think is just an oil and filter change walk round it and kick the tyres ) only done 4000 miles since last service although it was over 18 months ago, might look for a mercedes indie dealer, looking on the mb forums theres one in caversham called star motor sevices...post it up if you find anywhere else at reasonable cost....
Hi Chris..
Star motor services near to me. About mile away.. Know little about them myself to be honest.. There are two Indie. Merc dealers in caversham.. J Griffiths in Hemdean Rd, Caversham the other...

As i say.. Know little about either.. But guessing they do well in this area because Greenoaks Mercedes-Benz of Reading got a bad rep, Esp for quality of work ..

Regarding Knowl hill garage will prob look to them first and take it from there..
This will be my first dealing with any Chrysler dealer. As previously had Alfa's..Renault.

Renault in particular seem to have caught on, to keep their customers coming back with excellent £129 Main Dealer Service and Mot offers.. Gonna miss those kinda deals.. With main dealer stamp in book..

Not that i'd wanna give up the Crossfire and go back..

It seems, based on replies to my thread that Chrysler main dealer servicing quotes vary massively.

May even contact Westbury Chrysler of Shrewsbury (from that area originally) and go home visit my family for few days if the costs add up? They often advertise as being the lowest main dealer rates in uk in local papers/web etc..

Amazingly. It seems that Shrewsbury now has two Chrysler dealers within ONE mile of each other?
Drayton Group, Now offer Merc and Chrysler in Shrewsbury..Get feeling that's a rarity..

TWO CHRYSLER dealers , ONE MILE apart?

Like everyone on here.. Just want a quality service/Mot.(With Mobil 1 oil etc) at a sensible price..

Don't really have the time or skill to do it myself. and dealer stamp in service book is handy, So its a case of balancing the costs with quality of service..

Must say though.. £155 for PAGET Brake pads and disc's all round at EURO CAR PARTS with WINTER25 voucher code seems good value..

Suppose its down to how good PAGET brakes are?

Any experience of them anyone?

May look into fitment of brakes in advance of service..

Least got about 8 weeks.. Best get ringing round.