View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
MsRedda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Spoiler deployed, won't retract

I tried everything I've seen in other posts on this problem to no avail. In my case, everything else seems to be fine, but the manual switch for the spoiler only rocks UP. I wasn't sure, except for posts on this forum, that the switch also should rock to the down position.

I'm a lead-footed manual trans loving girly-girl and not much good under a hood, but I'd appreciate your opinions so I seem not so clueless when I take it to my mechanic. I've only owned the car for a couple of weeks but the spoiler has deployed and retracted beautifully dozens of times. I just got home from a roadtrip to Arizona and, although the car performed like a champ, when I left the freeway a mile from home, the spoiler did not retract. I've had it past 60 a half dozen times and when I slow, it doesn't retract. I've tried putting the top down and trying the spoiler button, no retraction. Any suggestions that I can try or suggestions for my mechanic to cut down on his time? Thanks so very much for your suggestions.