View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM
corfire
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WTB rear defusers

I know double posts are frowned on, but I want this info to get to those that were interested in these.

There have been quite a few members wanting these. I did finally receive the Rear Fascia Panels from hotcaraccessories.com that I originally order from their ebay listing that was delayed about three weeks. These are not the original Mopar Panels made out of plastic. They used an original to make a mold to have fiberglass reproductions made in China. Actually, they turned out looking fairly good and I could have made them work. However I returned them for some of the following reasons:

After checking the form and fit I wasn’t totally satisfied. The fiberglass is very stiff with no flex, and I didn’t think I could get them to fit in the area as tight as I wanted. My car is in cold storage. Actual final installation was not possible.

2. After seeing the product, I decided I wasn’t willing to pay the amount for what I was getting.
3. They were willing to pay for the return shipping, so that was another incentive to return them.
4. One more thing. On the originals, the hollow fins that stick down have weep holes drilled to let water out. The reproductions that I receive did not, but you could see the indents where the holes should be. I could have easily drilled those out. I discussed that issue with the supplier. They will be drilling the holes in future productions.

The owner (Chris) was very agreeable to the return. He said that he had received and delivered 5 of these, and due to demand has ordered more. He is going to make it ‘more clear’ in his listings that these are not the original Mopar product. I want to make it clear that I probably could have installed these with decent results, I just decided not. I commend this vendor for making aftermarket parts that are no longer available. I think he realizes, that he should have been clearer in his advertisements. If someone receives these without weep holes, I recommended they be drilled. If they fill up with water and freeze, they might break. I've attached a few pics of what I received.
Attached Thumbnails