View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
BrianBrave
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTB rear defusers

I purchased a setof OEM diffusers and just didn't like how they were supposed to attach with the plastic fasteners. So I sanded and prepped the bottom of the bumper and backside of the diffusers and permanently attached them with panel adhesive. Then carefully masked the top seam where they mate with the bumper and filled the gap with panel adhesive (slow catalyzed and slightly thinned to spread like caulk).

Once cured, final sanded the face of the diffusers and used a touch of spotting glaze on the upper seam, prep sanded and paint to match, then carefully blended the clear in with the bumper.

Came out nice and looks like it was always part of the bumper. But looking back, I should have pulled the bumper and cleared coated the entire unit.

Since then, I have a small dent on the bottom of the front bumper (road debris) some clear coat peeling on the roof trim and a small dent on the right rear fender after a can fell off a shelf - so I plan to re-paint and re-clear coat the entire car this spring (along with some additional hood and side skirt mods)

Name:  AeroBlue_Diffusers1.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  40.4 KB