View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
AlphaTrion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: WTB rear defusers

I figured I would respond to everyone before anyone else goes online and purchases these on Feb. 15th. These are made of fiberglass and have very little flex to them. Why they chose this material is beyond me. If only they had used ABS Plastic like the originals, they probably would have been fine. Plastic is a must on products like this because it allows a little "wiggle" room to get a precise clean fit. These are way too rigid and do not fit right at all. There are two positives: For one, they have a smooth finish instead of a textured like the OEM one's. Two, they are easier to paint and do not need adhesion promoter.

I noticed upon test fitting, that they weren't going to fit quite right. Myself being hard headed and wanting to make them work, decided to go ahead for the heck of it. So once mounted, I noticed that the fitment still wasn't quite right. They sit way too far away from the bumper. They need to go back several mm's to fit snugly. Due to this, the super sticky tape strip barely touches the bumber, and immediately starts pulling away like bubble gum. The passenger side diffuser pulled so for off the bumper that I could stick my pinky finger between the diffuser and bumper. To remedy this, I had to use a piece of clear, hard rubber to stick between the diffuser and the tow hook to keep the diffuser pushed up against the bumper. This pulling is also due to the rigid structure of these aftermarket diffusers. These are a very imprecise product.

Do they look bad, well no. Could they look alot better, heck yes. If I had this to do over again would I? Certainly not. Is it worth the money? No. Probably no one but a Crossfire owner would even know what is wrong with them. It's just crazy to pay that kind of money and then have to do a hack job on them to get them to look halfway decent. It's just not worth that kind of money for something that was not designed correctly.

This is an honest review. I'm not trying to badmouth the company that made them available. At least they tried I suppose. But if anyone knows where I can get a set of OEM one's let me know. I would rip these off in a heartbeat for the official Mopar one's. Another company should make these in plastic. I don't think they would have any trouble with fitment.

So in conclusion. Save your money. Use it to go buy gas or take your honey out to an expensive dinner.