View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Mrmiata
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: 2004 Crossfire Parasitic drain

Originally Posted by Missfire
Ok yes..now we are getting somewhere. I fully admit to not having much knowledge of this topic. I suppose the Use Search result being submitted 3X's in a row just irritated me. So now that you have posed questions I can answer thank you thank you thank you. Really appreciated. So the battery is one year old. The car was fine in the fall and then was not driven this winter so when it was time to start it up the battery had died. Not unusual. Got a new battery charger and charged it up. Popped it back in and within 2 days it was dead. The reading on the digital meter testing the current flowing through the battery when car is off showed .68Amps. Removed the radio and it dropped to .23Amps and then removed the Alarm/horn/interior lights fuse and it dropped to .03
The radio was working in the fall but has not turned on or worked this spring since these problems started appearing. The Alarm system was going all funky in the fall before the winter. When the car was locked by the remote the alarm would start going off and lights would flash until you unlocked the vehicle. What is the cause generally of parasitic drain on batteries? Thanks for the posts it really is appreciated, except the search for yourself:O
Okay.. you have symptoms.. two ways we can do this.. I can search the forum or..... Look up the alarm problem.. I know the search can be frustrating because you pull up 20 or more threads.. look for the ones with the most responses, as they will be more informative and most likely to have a resolution .. unless they jumped off on a tangent about what color is the fastest..