Old 03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
turbomar
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Paddle shifter install instructions completed

I installed the paddle shift kit today in one sitting I began with the steering wheel mod figuring that would be enough for the day. However, once that was done, I had a few hours to spare so I carried on to the finish.

The steering wheel was a breeze using Chris's instruction manual. The time consuming part has to do with the shifter assy itself. Just have to take the extra time to ensure everything works properly, using the test procedures. I was impressed at how the tiny pigtail install was professionally prepared and secured to ensure a trouble free operation for many years to come.

I put some wire loom on the two cables that come to the shift module to protect them from the sharp edges of the tcu/amp mounting plate. While I had the center councel out, I repaired the cup holder and reinforced the console rear mounts(broken plastic welds) with drilled holes and tiewraps. I scratched my head for a bit on how to take the shifter **** apart. The instructions didn't cover that. For those who are not familiar, the collar at the base of the **** has to be twisted(unscrewed) relieving the tapered collar(wedge), then pull the **** straight up.

The paddle shift install is a success! Soon to come is the TCU flash. Thanks Chris for a great mod that makes my hobby car that much special!

Turbomar

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_0440.JPG (1.92 MB, 171 views)
100_0453.JPG (2.09 MB, 170 views)
100_0452.JPG (1.77 MB, 168 views)
100_0444.JPG (2.14 MB, 159 views)

Last edited by turbomar; 03-28-2012 at 12:44 PM.