View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 401 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Re: Rhythmic shake 65+ mph

Originally Posted by GDrag
Hey guys!

My crossfire just reached 100,000+ miles and running strong! I recently just replaced the brakes, rotors, and tires (mounted and balanced).

So my question is why do I have this rhythmic shake over the speed of 65+. When getting tires put on I was told that I had cracked my rear 19" wheel. Could this be the problem?

I also had a little incident with my car a few months back. My spacer (15 mm) broke and there was only one bolt holding the wheel intact, while the wheel was completely touching the wheel well. (Possibly what cracked the rim) Also the hub shield was completely touching the inside of the wheel as well.

What I'm asking for is, steps you would take if this kind of destruction happened to you. What would you likely replace after an incident like this? Shocks? Springs? Hub?

You guys are all the best, and I appreciate the security I have with my crossfire being connected with this forum! 5 years and counting!!

- Gdrag

OK, did you try to mount an OEM rim/tire on the hub that went haywire? Do you have a set to mount on the axle that went south? If you do, this can eliminate all the stuff but the rim and tire. Good luck!