Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 PM
rayth
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRUTH
Guys,
Thanks for the help!! The Z is a stick, leather, bose system. Salvage titled, I had it inspected by a trusted friend who is a great tech and he not only said it was in great shape, but was impressed by it (that is saying alot, he hates foreign cars) the MR2 is a 2001, new motor with 30k, salvage title, leather, stick, new tires etc. The crossfire is a base model, stick with 65k miles and new tires. I would never want a miata, not for me. The mr2 is a cool car, the z was gorgeous and a rocket and the crossfire is totally unique. I will be driving it in the sumemr as a fun car, on a pretty long commute to work. Practicality is not a concern. I just want a fun, reliable car that doesnt cost a ton to own. I am just concerned the Mercedes based crossfire will be too expensive for me to maintain (brakes, ball joints, alternator etc) I dont make a ton of money.
The Z is $8000
The MR2 is $4800
The Crossfire is $9000
With salvaged titles, you're pretty much into that car for the long haul because reselling is always a lot more difficult.. I love the Z cars and you'll find a lot more go fast parts for them but like I said, I'd rather have a later model year Z where the issues were sorted out.. given the prices you listed, it seems like you must like the Crossfire enough to even consider it compared to those other much less expensive vehicles.. that is a great price for the Crossfire though.. I just bought my 04 with 69k for $1500 more than the one you're looking at so you're getting a pretty good deal there (albeit not the limited which it sounds like you can do without.. I'm just a sucker for leather interiors)