View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 06:45 AM
67mustang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ZDDP (or lack there of)

oledoc2u,

Thanks for the reply, that is one other option we had considered. I forgot to mention this in my first post, the block previously belonged to another member of the club and he had rebuilt the block and put the cam in and it ran well for about 100 miles then he decided he wanted a 351 Cleveland (LOL! lots of motor for his 53 ford truck) so the motor was left sitting for a year or so at the garage. We rebuilt it for the muskrat and did mic and whatever other stuff the mechanic might have done while I was away to which he said it was okay to use since it had such limited use and at 22 money tends to be a major issue. I mentioned that I was concerned that since the cam wasn't new that this might have been the issue (the lifters were new), but he made a good point. In S. NM there are a lot of strange... mechanics. They will do stuff that makes no sense yet works for years and years all the while another mechanic will do stuff "by the book" and it fails the next month.

Either way it’s strange, or def not something I needed at this point, but like the Crossfire I do have an attachment to the muskrat especially with the amount of wrench time I've put into her. Yep we got the new crane cam in on Friday... if it happens again even with the comp cam oil additive et all, then I suppose that rules this theory out.

- Tim