View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:35 PM
chunichi3333
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Crossfire still reliable after 100K?

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Han-san, Konnichiwa! Namae wa Mark. Ogenki desuka?

Your english is fine, almost perfect grammer, in fact. It is hard to believe you are not a native speaker.

As to the Crossfire, as is the case with so many vehicles, once you get to about 100,000 miles you can expect to start spending some money on a few common items. First that comes to mind is the water pump. If the car has been driven hard, I'd suspect new wheel bearings might be in order soon as well.

I can't say that the Crossfire is any more likely to run into problems than any other cat at 100,000 miles - but I also don't see any reason to believe that it is NOT going to have some issues. 7,000 miles is a small "window" of time, I doubt you'd run into a LOT of trouble, provided you had a trusted mechanic look the car over well before purchase. Experienced eyes and hands can often uncover coming issues that most of us can't find ourselves.

While the Crossfire is known to have some irritating issues, it is NOT known to be a troubled or unreliable car. Additionally, it is based on a solid Mercedes chassis and drive train that formed the basis of a production run of a Mercedes model that was NOT known for any reliability issues that I have heard of.

OK. So maybe I'm better off searching for ones that have around 85000-90000 miles???

I'm willing to spend couple grands for repairs, but i'm only going to drive 3-4 times a week (5 mile distance).

I know that majority of cars begin to have problems after they hit 100K mark. I wanted to know if crossfire was MORE or LESS reliable than majority of cars out there (well, japanese cars are out of the league lol) because I'm planning 2 long-distance trips, one from Indy to Miami and from Indy to Boston, and I don't want my baby to break down on the middle of a highway.

Oh, and are leather seats comfortable enough for long-distance trips as well??

thanks