Old 07-24-2012, 06:31 AM
RED DOG
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Installed Johnson CM30 Pump / What triggers pumpt to come on??

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
rv the car to 2000 rpm this engages the pump until the car is shut off. or run a fused jumper from the pump fuse to the power block under the fuse box. this allows the pump to run whenever the ignition key is on.

did you check to see that you soldered the wires properly? neg to neg and power to power?
OK so when the engine RPM exceeds 2000 RPM the I/C pump should kick on and stay on until the engine is turned off, right? . . . THAT is good information.

Yes, I am sure that I had the new pump wired correctly + to + and - to -

After the installation I did a short test run getting the engine up to operating temperature and doing a few speed runs . . . the car ran great with the supercharger definitely working but when I got it back home I noticed that there was no I/C coolant flow going into the reservoir and I was concerned that the newly separated I/C cooling system was not flowing at all. That's when I started to troubleshoot the pump and could not confirm that the pump was ever running. I disconnected the wiring and hooked up the pump directly to a 12V power source . . . the pump did not come on. Has to be a defective pump, right?