View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM
LuisJavier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible Top Sensor Beep

Hi All! I just joined and happy to be a new member and 1 month old Crossfire owner. Last month (July 2012) I purchased a Blue 2005 Crossfire LTD Roadster with 27,500 miles. I am from L.A, California but I currently live in Nashville TN.

One week after I took delivery of my Crossfire from a great dealership in KY I discovered the now famous detached heated rear window problem. Besides this, the D-Ring Locking mechanism was also broken. One of the linkage rods had jumped off the center pin and the driver side hook would not engage and lock down into position.

After a couple of weeks of emails the dealership replaced the top and locking mechanism with brand new OEM Parts at NO CHARGE. This they did in good faith and as an extreme gesture of EXCELLENT Customer Service even though my 2005 Crossfire did not originate in one of the 7 states where Chrysler decided they would extend the warranty on the detached heated window problem. I give this dealership 10/10 Points, FIVE STARS, and I say, they are TOP NOTCH in my book!

The problem I am now having right after they replaced the top and locking mechanism is that in the full and locked position with top in place and locked down, the LED light in the rocker switch on the center console stays on. When you drive away and get to 10MPH+ the alarm starts beeping and the LED light flashes in sync with the beeping. When I slow back down below 10MPH and coast to a stop, the beeping stops and the LED light is still on but no longer flashing. If I repeat the last few steps, I get the same results. If you continue to drive for a while the beeping will eventually stop. I understand the seat belt warning beep will eventually stop beeping if you ignore it.

When the top is put down and stowed away and you get the cycle complete confirmation beep - everything is normal. You can drive off and no LED light ON and NO Beeping. The problem is only present in the top up and locked down position.

Any insight is appreciated. I read the thread here on the "TOP WON'T WORK" and looked at the associated great pix showing the sensor switches close up but I don't think this thread addresses the same problem I'm having. My Crossfire is back at the dealership but they took it back to the local Top Shop that replaced the top to trouble shoot it.

Thanks for your input.

Luis

Last edited by LuisJavier; 08-16-2012 at 12:23 AM.