View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:40 PM
LuisJavier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Convertible Top Sensor Beep

Thanks to all of you for the quick diagnosis and expert comments from Pizza. Your 2nd hunch/afterthought was dead on. It turns out, apparently and so far, the dealer has isolated the problem centered around the new D-Ring locking mechanism linkage that the Top Shop installed. They said that the linkage rod has a ball at the end with an adjustment nut. It seems that this linkage rod was not touching on the sensor switch enough to activate it so after adjusting the nut the linkage rod is now close enough to the sensor and everything is good. There was nothing wrong with the switch.

Here is the latest email from my "Way beyond the call of duty" dealershiip where I purchased my Crossfire... and no, I did not pay a Co-Pay. In fact, they drove 2 1/2 hrs from KY to Nashville to pick up my Crossfire and left me a 2012 Jeep Compass/Latitude as a loaner until my Crossfire is fully repaired.

Luis,

We were able to hook up our computer to your car and isolate the issue to the right side switch. (He means driver side) The switch is operating normally, the new latch mechanism for the right side was out of adjustment and not fully engaging the switch letting it know the top was closed.

I want to drive it a few times with the top closed to insure the repair is complete and has resolved the issue.

I will email you tomorrow concerning the status and completion of the repair.

Thanks,

Larry