View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Chrome Crossfire and Side Pipes

Originally Posted by brando090
Im wondering what the cost would be to chrome paint or real chrome galvanization for a crossfire, and if it would look good if it had side pipes. (IE a 2004 Limited)
I don't know if this photograph gives you any idea of what it might look like (maybe if you use a lot of imagination).
Message - CrossfireForum.org Gallery

FP photo shopped Fritz's beautiful Alabaster Crossfire with a couple different side pipe ideas. But I just can't seem to find them. (Hopefully somebody else can).
Actually, by removing the lower rocker cover, it should be easy to mount a true side pipe fabricated from a chambered pipe. Ventilated aluminium side pipe covers are still being reproduced in several different styles. So I don't see why it couldn't be done.
Now the bad news, I don't know what the heck it would sound like, but probably not too great. Even if you installed a crossover pipe, I'm guessing it would still sound strange.
Dodge spent Thousands of dollars tuning the Gen III Viper side pipes, and many still didn't like it.
But if you want to be the 1st. to do it on the Crossfire, be my guest, and Good Luck.
Hope you have a good flame suit.