View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 AM
TerryR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

Originally Posted by lovetoscuba
I'm in St. Louis but my 2005 AeroBlue Roadster was brought down from Detroit - cost me $700 or so - had 3,200 miles on it. The top had only become unglued in one of the corners - about six inches about two years ago. Just got it out of the body shop where it took three weeks to fix after I rear ended someone who didn't know how to properly yield (let's look, pull forward, stop, look again - you know the type). Got it home on a Friday - went out Sunday a.m. to find the top 75% unglued. Finally nice here (2nd hottest summer in a 100 years)......and I'm afraid to even try and lower the top......it's hanging by a thread......of crappy looking glue.......

Called the dealer - they looked up my serial number - said "not yours"......you didn't buy it in Missouri (one of the states first offered the fix)..........then the service gal had surgery and that's the last I heard - about 3 weeks ago. Thanks Ben for the heads up on how to get this done right.......... I love the car......... just frustrated with this issue because the top still looks brand new. Also noticed you got your 3rd brake light replaced - mine wouldn't pass inspection - car had 22,000 miles on it. Almost had to pay for the repair on that - Dealer finally did it for $100. LEDs should really never burn out.
We have a Auto Upholstry Shop in Houston who will reglue your window, with the new advanced adhesive, and guarantee it for life, for about $700. This reglueing the window involves removing, then replacing the top, after repair. I mention this, because if the price is within your grasp, there MUST be a Shop in your area, who would do the same work for the same type of price. Almost all of these windows, when they become seperated, do not need the added expense of replacing the complete top.