Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

I searched the NHTSA site but do not find this : 23035-11
should it be there?
I would like to referance this when speaking to Chrysler

Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 PM

I struck out on getting a repair the dealer and Chrysler say my VIN isn't covered.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM

My window separated almost completely a couple of days ago on my 2005 roadster. I called my local dealer and he said there was a sevice bulletin but but only for certain southern states and my vin didn't come up with coverage so he recommended I call Chrysler. I am located near Harrisburg, Pa.

I did and they told me the same thing. The service bulletin exists but not for my car. So they are going to assign a case manager to look at it. I have to take my car to the dealer so they can document the problem and then the case manager will decide what they will do for me. Of course I have to pay to have it "diagnoised".

Looks like some bad information on the inclusion of all states.

The guy in the service departement of the local dealer said they had a salesman who moved to florida and the window dropped out there. He is still fighting with Chryler about it and he works for them!!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:39 AM

I called up my local dealer about Rev A and they say they have noy heard of it. I called Chrysler and was assigned Anthony as my case manager and he says that Rev a does not exist and that my wifes 2005 is not covered. He did agree that they could help out and my co-pay would be 500.00. I was tired of arguing so I agreed, now waiting on a top to be delivered, 2-4 weeks. Now that i have a copy i will be revisiting this with Anthony.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Wink Re: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

I'm in St. Louis but my 2005 AeroBlue Roadster was brought down from Detroit - cost me $700 or so - had 3,200 miles on it. The top had only become unglued in one of the corners - about six inches about two years ago. Just got it out of the body shop where it took three weeks to fix after I rear ended someone who didn't know how to properly yield (let's look, pull forward, stop, look again - you know the type). Got it home on a Friday - went out Sunday a.m. to find the top 75% unglued. Finally nice here (2nd hottest summer in a 100 years)......and I'm afraid to even try and lower the top......it's hanging by a thread......of crappy looking glue.......

Called the dealer - they looked up my serial number - said "not yours"......you didn't buy it in Missouri (one of the states first offered the fix)..........then the service gal had surgery and that's the last I heard - about 3 weeks ago. Thanks Ben for the heads up on how to get this done right.......... I love the car......... just frustrated with this issue because the top still looks brand new. Also noticed you got your 3rd brake light replaced - mine wouldn't pass inspection - car had 22,000 miles on it. Almost had to pay for the repair on that - Dealer finally did it for $100. LEDs should really never burn out.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by lovetoscuba
I'm in St. Louis but my 2005 AeroBlue Roadster was brought down from Detroit - cost me $700 or so - had 3,200 miles on it. The top had only become unglued in one of the corners - about six inches about two years ago. Just got it out of the body shop where it took three weeks to fix after I rear ended someone who didn't know how to properly yield (let's look, pull forward, stop, look again - you know the type). Got it home on a Friday - went out Sunday a.m. to find the top 75% unglued. Finally nice here (2nd hottest summer in a 100 years)......and I'm afraid to even try and lower the top......it's hanging by a thread......of crappy looking glue.......

Called the dealer - they looked up my serial number - said "not yours"......you didn't buy it in Missouri (one of the states first offered the fix)..........then the service gal had surgery and that's the last I heard - about 3 weeks ago. Thanks Ben for the heads up on how to get this done right.......... I love the car......... just frustrated with this issue because the top still looks brand new. Also noticed you got your 3rd brake light replaced - mine wouldn't pass inspection - car had 22,000 miles on it. Almost had to pay for the repair on that - Dealer finally did it for $100. LEDs should really never burn out.
We have a Auto Upholstry Shop in Houston who will reglue your window, with the new advanced adhesive, and guarantee it for life, for about $700. This reglueing the window involves removing, then replacing the top, after repair. I mention this, because if the price is within your grasp, there MUST be a Shop in your area, who would do the same work for the same type of price. Almost all of these windows, when they become seperated, do not need the added expense of replacing the complete top.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 AM

Terry in Houston -
Thanks for the tip on the Upholstery shop route - I'm pretty persuasive AND determined and hope to get a new top out of Chrysler. If it comes down to having to take care of it myself, I'll consider your option. I've had convertibles off and on for the last 30 years .... and yes, there are a few good upholstery shops here.
Take care.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM

After weeks of waiting I finally got Chryler to agree to replace the top on my 2005 Crossfire. It did not qualify under the recall but they agreed to replacing it if I paid a copay of $200. I jumped at the deal and the top is now replaced.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Forum Regular

Can anyone explain the Rev A. It appears not to exist.

"There is a new rear window TSB out. The TSB is # 23-035-11 rev A. It is basically the same as the original one which replaces any 2005 roadster with the top separating from the rear window. The main difference is that in includes all states in the US."

Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Can I get a link to this: NHTSA SB 23035-11 RevA.pdf regarding the back window convertible top issue with the 05 Roadster? I am in the northeast as well and we had a record number of 90+ degree days, and now my window is separating from the top - needing a replacement. Please advise. Thank you!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 PM

Had my 05 Conv. looked at by a local dealer, they sent some photos to Chrysler & a few days later asked me to call Chrysler. Turns out the car was originally purchased in PA, a state not covered under the recall. Even though the car spent it's entire life in NC it's not covered. IMO that is BS. It's going to be a very expensive repair if I want it done right.

Any more news about all 50 states being covered? Anyone higher I should contact? I just got this car 2 months ago and am starting to regret it.. I love the car, but spending an extra 2K+ is not what I had in mind. The rear window looked fine when I got it too, and has not been re-glued AFAIK.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If this doesn't qualify for a class action lawsuit....lol....

Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What gets me is how inconsistent Chrysler is at this...

Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

OK, so now the rear window is falling out of our Roadster. Chrysler says TSB Rev A doesn't exist. Has anyone actually seen theis Rev A document? I cannot find any info on this from web searches at all.

I'm getting the same old story from Chrysler that my car is not included in the TSB issued and they have no record of TSB Rev A...

HELP.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Larskeller
OK, so now the rear window is falling out of our Roadster. Chrysler says TSB Rev A doesn't exist. Has anyone actually seen theis Rev A document? I cannot find any info on this from web searches at all.

I'm getting the same old story from Chrysler that my car is not included in the TSB issued and they have no record of TSB Rev A...

HELP.
A copy of the TSB is attached to Post #14 in this thread.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 PM

I finally got a call from our Local Chrysler dealer and the top has arrived. We brought it in in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon. It does not look any different than the old one. The rear window is glued in and the top is very tight. My wife has a hard time relatching it. Our Chrysler rep Anthony said the same thing rev a is non existent and our car was not covered so $500 deductible. No one would tell me what if any warranty came with the new top. I am still going to tdy and find out about this rev a. Has anyone actually had a non southern state delivered repair covered by rev a?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM

I brought my 05 Limited to Westbury JCP in New York this morning armed with the TSB info. I got a call by early afternoon that the top is, in fact, covered, and that they have already placed an order for the top, which should take 5 days to receive, at no out of pocket expense to me. I also brought it for 2 minor issues; the trunk latch does not usually function on the 1st or 2nd attempt, and the heat/AC vents seem to always emit, albeit very slight, some sort of conditioned air. They said they cannot replicate the latch issue and that it is normal to experience some sort of air leakage from the vents at all times because it is not a complete seal. Has or does anyone else experienced this issue?
I will report back once the top has been installed.
Thanks for all the great info on the subject of the top!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No1Bobo
I brought my 05 Limited to Westbury JCP in New York this morning armed with the TSB info. I got a call by early afternoon that the top is, in fact, covered, and that they have already placed an order for the top, which should take 5 days to receive, at no out of pocket expense to me. I also brought it for 2 minor issues; the trunk latch does not usually function on the 1st or 2nd attempt, and the heat/AC vents seem to always emit, albeit very slight, some sort of conditioned air. They said they cannot replicate the latch issue and that it is normal to experience some sort of air leakage from the vents at all times because it is not a complete seal. Has or does anyone else experienced this issue?
I will report back once the top has been installed.
Thanks for all the great info on the subject of the top!
Tell us more about your car...year, mileage, etc.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Tell us more about your car...year, mileage, etc.
I hope I am replying correctly...not too savvy on this message board.
I have a 2005 Aeroblue Limited Roadster with a little over 56k on the odometer. I bought it used from Westbury CJP. It was originally shipped to New York. Since owning it, I've installed a DCAI, 74mm TB, and Eurotuned it, not that any of that makes a difference regarding the top.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Question Re: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

I'm new to the forum. I have a 2005 Xfire covertable, blue, 16,600 miles. Having problems with lowering and raiising the top. Very surprized to see there isa TSB on the top rear window adhesive. Prety sure i qualify for the new top - its a2005 and has less than 100K miles.

The top won't go down nor will the rear of the top latch down. I have made sure the top compartment in the trunk is in the correct position, rear deck lid is closed, windows are down and there is power. The motor hums for about 5 seconds then quits with no up or down action. Thanks

Quick Reply: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"