Thread: Wheel Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM
ChrysCrossfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wheel Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Shakey
My front wheels are a mess and I have to do something about that, likely this winter while it's sitting in the garage.

I see these as the options:
have them refinished
have them painted
buy new wheels

Are there many aero blue Crossfires out there with dark gray wheels? Other than MikeR's, I can't find any. I'm looking for some inspiration.

I really like the look of the stock SRT6 wheels, but they are a pain to keep clean. I also really like the way MikeR's car looks with the AMG 810's. But I'd have to buy new tires with the 810s.

It seems that no one really makes direct, stock size replacement wheels for the SRT6. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I don't need to replace my tires, so I'd rather not buy a different size wheel. So I'm trying to figure out what my options are. Given the hundreds of "will this fit" threads, my assumption is that no one really makes what I'm looking for. If I don't want to just have the wheels refinished, them I'm stuck buying new wheels and tires.
Ive got a stock srt 6, and i love the wheels as they are, mine are a little corroded so im gonna referb them but ive never even thought about changing the size of the rims coz thats just gonna damage the bank having to buy new tires as well! Youre right with the cleaning but if u have the right brake pads on which make less dust then u dont really need to clean them too offen. But for the small effort of cleaning them they are well worth it for me . But id defo keep the same sizes if i was you.