Old 09-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Iamfink2
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default re: Sticky Ignition Key Fix for all Crossfires 2004 thru 2006

Originally Posted by J_BIG_
Hey guys, I'm in desperate need of some help with my sticky keys problem. I have followed the instructions to get the panel and then ignition lock cylinder exposed but cannot seem to get the part off. I tried drilling off the locking pin since ignition won't turn to position 1 but it's extremely tough! Spent over 1 hour of constant drilling and it looks like it didn't hardly do anything. Locking pin is extremely hard or something! I tried using a titanium drill bit and it was pathetic. I am limited to a cordless drill with 5400 RPM but it seems like there should be some way to get this off right? Did you use a special drill bit or something that I'm missing or can you offer any suggestions? Anything could help. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

I had the same problem with drilling out the pin I even bought cobalt drill bits but nothing but scratched the pin. What I did was ordered a new ignition through the Mecedes dealer and took a sawz-all and cut mine out in 3 pieces. I would recommend covering everything with towels for an easier clean up. Just take your time as to not cut anything but the ignition. Good luck.