View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 AM
JHM2K
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Can't decide. Need help.

Originally Posted by The Beep
I opened up the hood at a local show in Humble. A couple guys walked by and I overheard them saying how plane the engine bay looked. That show had mostly classic cars in it.

I wouldn't even bother opening the hood at Coffee and Cars next to McLarens and Lambo's, but with a dual CAI? Maybe paint the piping, intakes and catch can red. It would really look nice.
I didn't want to go crazy with red, but I figured a "splash" was in order. So, I did just that. Painted the manifolds with hi-temp engine paint, matte red. Sanded the tops of the embossed letters with 800-grit sanding block. Need to go back and touch up a few nicks from the re-installation, but aside from that, I'm stoked with the outcome and got a TON of positive comments from the onlookers at the recent race. Also, I taped off all critical areas and sprayed the supercharger with several *light* coats of Volkswagen "Reflex Silver" metallic. Also sprayed the NW intakes with this color. This is by far the most radiant of the silvers offered by Duplicolor... much brighter than Chrysler's "Bright Silver Metallic".

Quite satisfied with the results.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
engine bay 1.jpg (123.2 KB, 75 views)
engine bay 2.jpg (126.8 KB, 65 views)
engine bay 3.jpg (146.9 KB, 78 views)