Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Originally Posted by skarlet
we replaced the battery after the rear window fell out and flooded the trunk so it is less than 6 months old.

Did you check the central locking module located in the hatch bottom depressions? Water in there causes many problems and severly damages the electronics in the right side depression (mine has another module of some sort if I remember correctly, it is a bear to get to but easy to check if the flooding just happened). There are two rubber plugs under the rear towards the rear axle area. Just pop them out or poke a slit into them to see if standing water is present. It would be better if your car was leaning forward SLIGHTLY, if water is found you might have damaged electronics (if not you may still have damage just not seeable until you get into the depression). Getting in there without cutting up those foam inserts involves taking most of the trim out from sides and rear, and if I remember correctly upper (sides) left and right of rear hatch. Mine was dry but I did mine because I was reading all the problems people were having with water damage not related to spoiler or vert top window, so I verified mine was dry.