Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down! - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource


Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 04:51 PM
CDT's Avatar
CDT CDT is offline
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island
Age: 63
Posts: 83
Unhappy Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Help - all of a sudden the ABS, BAS and ESP Light went On and the Spoiler Won't Go Down! I read the threads - seems to be a grab bag of problems and the dealer guess until they get it right. I made an appoint to bring my car to Huntington Jeep (in Huntington, NY). Does anyone know if these are are competent with a crossfire? Any suggestions welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 05:01 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 19,810
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT View Post
Help - all of a sudden the ABS, BAS and ESP Light went On and the Spoiler Won't Go Down! I read the threads - seems to be a grab bag of problems and the dealer guess until they get it right. I made an appoint to bring my car to Huntington Jeep (in Huntington, NY). Does anyone know if these are are competent with a crossfire? Any suggestions welcome.
Try a new battery if you have an old one in the car, or try a buddies battery, it may save you big time money. You just need one that you can hook up, not drive with.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 05:39 PM
CDT's Avatar
CDT CDT is offline
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island
Age: 63
Posts: 83
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Battery charger is hooked up - let's see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 05:46 PM
FUBU's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 2,829
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Change battery. Old one is dead even though you charge it.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 PM
CDT's Avatar
CDT CDT is offline
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island
Age: 63
Posts: 83
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

But the battery was not dead. I was 50 miles into a 300 mile drive when they lights went on. I stopped, read the manual and it was ok to keep driving. So I continued on my way. So issue with the battery, but it's 7 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 06:13 PM
bluecoupe's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grimsby, Ontario
Age: 61
Posts: 2,653
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT View Post
But the battery was not dead. I was 50 miles into a 300 mile drive when they lights went on. I stopped, read the manual and it was ok to keep driving. So I continued on my way. So issue with the battery, but it's 7 years old.
These cars are very voltage sensitive. A 7 year old battery is begging to be changed. You've been given very good advise or you can take it to the dealer, it's your money.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 06:16 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 19,810
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT View Post
But the battery was not dead. I was 50 miles into a 300 mile drive when they lights went on. I stopped, read the manual and it was ok to keep driving. So I continued on my way. So issue with the battery, but it's 7 years old.
I just got an '05 and the first thing I did was to get a new battery. The old one seemed perfect but knowing the problems I opted to take no chances.
My spoiler is still up though.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
bluecoupe's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grimsby, Ontario
Age: 61
Posts: 2,653
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
My spoiler is still up though.
Drop by Dave, I've got a hammer that can fix that!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Athens, Oh.
Age: 71
Posts: 582
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

You came here for help. Change the frig'n battery. Or be a hardhead and spend big money.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Mrmiata's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kellyville, Ok
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1118 View Post
You came here for help. Change the frig'n battery. Or be a hardhead and spend big money.
Sounds like a dealer here.. throw parts at it till it's fixed.. Didn't cure 180's spoiler.. my abs decided to error and erect spoiler one morning.. yes oem white top. Per the manual the system looks for 12 volts for the abs system or faults. Tested mine.. 12.8 volts two hours sitting after a drive... 12.25 volts when ignition is turned on with stereo on (typical starting scenario). So "per the manual" I'd say my battery qualifies as suffecient for abs activation and function.. but she don't work.. another member had "simular" issues the other day.. was the sensor under the consol (yaw sensor I do believe) went bad. So "buy a battery" is not the absolute answer. A few member have had wheel speed sensors go out.. bought 4 of them from mr mopar - johns totalled car.. so eliminated that possibility too.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 05-26-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 07:20 PM
CDT's Avatar
CDT CDT is offline
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island
Age: 63
Posts: 83
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Shoppin' for a battery now.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Mrmiata's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kellyville, Ok
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT View Post
Shoppin' for a battery now.
Let us know if that's the cure.. since you were driving along and out of the blue.. andl if it is the problem I think it could sway me over to dropping $130 on a "lets see"..
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 PM
CDT's Avatar
CDT CDT is offline
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island
Age: 63
Posts: 83
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Was going to buy a battery, but my son (who's an engineer suggested we check voltage) Checked battery - got 12.5V with car off (not started for 24 hours), 12.5 with ignition on and 14.5 with car running. Also compared the "car off" readings to a new battery, they were the same. We're now going to check the wheel sensor connections.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Mrmiata's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kellyville, Ok
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT View Post
Was going to buy a battery, but my son (who's an engineer suggested we check voltage) Checked battery - got 12.5V with car off (not started for 24 hours), 12.5 with ignition on and 14.5 with car running. Also compared the "car off" readings to a new battery, they were the same. We're now going to check the wheel sensor connections.
I wish one of these guys that the battery replacement actually cured their problems had done a voltage check before, but I have yet to run across any post that plainly states such.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
CDT's Avatar
CDT CDT is offline
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island
Age: 63
Posts: 83
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

We removed my right front tire and found the sensor. After taking an hour to figure out how to remove the connector (you need to slide the metal clip down and the connector pulls straight out), we did some prelmin. testing and decided we need better testing tools. So we cleaned it up, put it back together and will continue another day. They are so easy to replace I'm considering just buying 4 and putting them on.

I have a question, how do you remove the CAB Module from the HCU? Is there a clip or something like that to release it and to pull it apart? A picture would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Mrmiata's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kellyville, Ok
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

interesting reading if you haven't already found this one..Since you were driving along.. wheel speed sensor kinda seems like the issue for you.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tor-light.html

Since mine reared up when first starting the car - leans me towarads the abs - cab system..
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Athens, Oh.
Age: 71
Posts: 582
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

No I'm not a dealer. He did say his battery is over 7years old. I'm guessing even if this isn't his problem today it will be tomorrow. I see where a few different members advised the same thing. To be honest, I know very little about these cats. Changing the battery would be my guess for about everything to do with these cars. Oh I just changed my battery the other day. It didn't cure my problem either. So I did the other fix. Black tape over the low water light.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Mrmiata's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kellyville, Ok
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1118 View Post
No I'm not a dealer. He did say his battery is over 7years old. I'm guessing even if this isn't his problem today it will be tomorrow. I see where a few different members advised the same thing. To be honest, I know very little about these cats. Changing the battery would be my guess for about everything to do with these cars. Oh I just changed my battery the other day. It didn't cure my problem either. So I did the other fix. Black tape over the low water light.
LOL.. seems the battery is the first trigger everyone wants to pull. 7 years old seems to automatically mean it's trash. I do intend to change my OEM in the next couple of months just for grins and peace of mind.. That OEM is going to die one day even though it cranks strong right now. CPS went out and I know I hit the starter at least 15 times and she didn't groan a bit on the battery side of things.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 19,810
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmiata View Post
LOL.. seems the battery is the first trigger everyone wants to pull. 7 years old seems to automatically mean it's trash. I do intend to change my OEM in the next couple of months just for grins and peace of mind.. That OEM is going to die one day even though it cranks strong right now. CPS went out and I know I hit the starter at least 15 times and she didn't groan a bit on the battery side of things.
Those OEM Varta batteries are good, Took mine out and replaced it but it was still going strong. It will be 8 years old this November.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Mrmiata's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kellyville, Ok
Posts: 9,517
Default Re: Agh! ABS, BAS and ESP Light On and Spoiler Won't Go Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
Those OEM Varta batteries are good, Took mine out and replaced it but it was still going strong. It will be 8 years old this November.
I had put a low amp battery in my 94 Chevy truck (occasional usage) .. won't carry a charge for a week with the parasite drain.. but I'm betting the Crossfires OEM will be just fine in it when I do get her a new one .
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No speedometer, No odometer, 6 indicator lights on and F1 fuse blown northwest_crossfire Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications 9 05-30-2016 05:19 PM
Allow me to introduce My self Hoppy New Member Introductions 12 09-25-2015 02:06 PM
High Level Brake Light or Centre High Mounted Brake Light wootto U.K. 3 09-03-2015 07:28 PM
Spoiler? What style? Where do I get it!? srtmodder Exterior & Lighting 5 07-29-2015 05:12 PM
Bas/esp Blackout317 Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications 4 07-07-2015 08:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.