View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM
msheredy
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help! My Crossfire Roadster won't start!

Originally Posted by vicki
Got my scan tool up and running and it reported a single P2071 code whether I set the scan to Chrysler Enhanced Powertrain or Mercedes SL or SLK.

Found this one reference to that code - https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ighlight=P2071

I just got done inspecting the RCM and did find another thing to look out for. If you've removed/replaced the fuses, check the underside of the module insert when you remove it. You may see the connectors to the fuses have actually pused away from the top. I pushed them back into place and could feel them slide on to the fuses. While I was in there, I also tried to clean the relay contacts with some contact cleaner. I also sprayed the connectors and the plugs then used compressed air to dry everyhting.

Interestig to me is the pattern is now 1 no start, 2 crank no run, infinity no start... Also been interesting to note that the default mode for the radio is ON after every time I remove/restore power!!!!

Any thoughts? Anyone know which relay is the fuel pump?

UPDATE, started the tests on PG 498 of the 2004 Service Manual and failed at step 2, no voltage on pin 3, repair fused engine relay control. All fuses good (tested continuity), all solder joints look good, ...

OH THE PAIN!
Any updates?

I'm pretty much in the same boat but my panic alarm still works. So I know it's gotta either be the RCM or what your findings come up with.

Just got pricing here in San Diego for the RCM (Relay Control Module) aka fuel pump relay.

MB Dealer Part #A170 545 03 05 is $201.60

Chrysler Dealer Part #5099007AA is $347.00

Freakin nuts how the cost varies so much and in MB's favor to boot!

Last edited by msheredy; 10-26-2012 at 01:59 PM.