View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM
hpmotors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Official Tire Review Thread

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
can the mods sticky this? every other car forum on the net has a tire review thread stickied in the tire/wheel section so it would be nice if this site had one too.

Rules: only post reviews on tires that YOU personally have used on your crossfire.

CHEAP TIRES:

Home - Discount Tire Direct (FREE SHIPPING)
Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels
Discount Tires From Cooper Tires, Falken Tires & More.
Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay
[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=Red]Brand: Kuhmo
Model: Ecsta LE Sport Max Summer
Size: 255-35/19
Treadwear: 280
Rating is 96Y

My Crossfire is a 05 six speed coupe. I have been running nothing but Continentals the first 40K. Used their various Sport Contact 2, Sport Contact 3 etc. All handled great and were amazing in the wet. However, they all were gone (rears) in less than 10k miles. Note that the wear was even across the tires, with no obvious alignment issues. Believe, me, I had this issue checked and rechecked. Fronts lasted about 24K.
These Kuhmos are finally a sop to try something cheaper. I have been using Kuhmos for over 10 years on my Miatas with great results, so I thought why the heck not on the Crossfire.Note that these are Y rated, not W's which is what the car came with. So far I've gone about 5 k and they still have a lot of tread. Sorry, but I haven't measured, just eyeballed. Handling is good, not as great as Continentals. Wet is very good. Can't really compare handling as I still have Conty's on the front.
So far, I would buy them again. If you are on a bit of a budget, they are far cheaper than Michelins or Continentals.