View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:01 AM
caseycowan5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lowering HELP!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Airscape
From my experience with just eibachs and konis going as low as you want will take some time to get right. Every car is a bit different but up front you will need the K-Mac kit for sure going that low. With 4dot pads and the eibachs i could only get -1.9 and -1.6 up front. The kit is not diy unless you have the tools (ball joint puller to get arms off ( I believe) and a press to get the bushings out/in.)

The rear I'm still working on. With 1dots and camber arms I had rubbing in the wheel well and heavy contact between the sway and camber arms + body. With adj sway links the rubbing was not as much of an issue but the contact is still there. I moved to 3 dot in the rear and that helped but still contact. (And higher looks wise than I want.) The arms are enough to get alignment in spec. the kmacs are not needed but may be better at lower heights as you can still use the stock curved camber arm. Several people have notched the body to allow the sway to travel up more as another fix.

There are plenty of threads with instructions for shocks+springs just do your homework (like the bumpstop trim that was mentioned) before you start so you know what to expect. Again some get lucky and have less trouble than others but there are just as many that have spent $3K+ just getting an inch and some change done proper.

Konis,Springs, Arms and links, K Mac, Spring pads, spring compressor, alignments, labor... ...

In short don't be surprised how deep the rabbit hole can go, getting it right can take some time. If your slow like me there are rubber costs to pay pretty quickly as well, fronts don't last many seasons at -2 daily driving while you figure things out. :P
Let me save you some money and time.

Dont need:
1. You don,t need shocks, they are a preference for better ride.
2. Spring pads are a way to fine tune your suspension once you get within half an inch
3. spring compressor is not needed, just undo the front shocks while car is on ground, then drop the A arm once your under with a jack its 2 bolts.
4. dont get an alignment until you let it settle and your happy with it or you waste enough money to buy a new set of tires
5. do it yourself and be proud of your work= no labor

Do need list:
1. Grinder or cutting utensil, dont plan on using a sawzaw lol
2. rear camber arms
3. front k-mac
4. My first time took me 8 hours but now i can do it in 30 mins

Last edited by caseycowan5; 11-15-2012 at 02:54 AM.