View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:05 AM
maxcichon
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: No Stealerships within 200 Miles?

By request, I'm finishing out this thread.

My buddy, alaxfire, drove me the 125 miles, one-way, to pick up my completely repaired (transmission and both seat-bottom heater elements) on this last Monday.

The folks at Ed Voyles CDJ in Marietta, GA were friendly and helpful. This was only AFTER I embarrassed my "Case Manager", Courtney, who, so far as I can determine, just plain lied to me. She did not, as she told me, "...call every dealership within 200 miles...". A concerned forum member (larskeller) enlightened me as to the existence of Ed Voyles, and the fact (!) that he has 2 Crossfire techs on staff and all of the tools needed.

It was indeed the "conductor plate" (speed sensor failure, N3) that went south, as it were, in my transmission.

They did call me to inform me that my front tires were badly worn on the inside and they would be happy to replace them for a mere $300.

Per side. Plus M&B. And another $200 for an alignment. I told them I had the collision repair bolt set in the center console and was informed that installing them would be an additional $280.
$1080 for front tires and an alignment?

I respectfully declined. My local guys will install them for nothing and re-align it for $125. They were embarrassed in June that they couldn't get it within spec. Nice guys, just not real bright.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...