Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

No Stealerships within 200 Miles?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default No Stealerships within 200 Miles?

Well, as some of you know, I have what seems to be a transmission Conductor Plate issue. Having paid for a MaxCare warranty, I figgered I was good to go with issues like this.
Not so it seems.
I have a case manager and a case number but after telling her I was told by my nearest dealership told me they couldn't/wouldn't work on Crossfires, she (Courtney) called all of the others within a 200 mile radius.
Nope. Nada. None. Zip.
Her supervisor suggested finding an independent repair facility and working through reimbursement. Wow. I pointed out that while I suppose this will work for me, I was absolutely unwilling to drive to say, Atlanta (Buckhead Imports, 120 miles) with a faulty transmission. They will pay to have it flatbedded to a facility of my choice.

Well, what do we all think of this? Any other suggestions for east Alabama?

Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: No Stealerships within 200 Miles?

Max - Most dealerships don't have the parts or trained techs to work on our cars other than oil changes. So, you're much better off with the flatbed/independent shop offer.
I'd find the best MB/BMW shop I could and have it flatbedded there. With any luck, you may even be able to find a Benz dealer that would work on it.
Good luck!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are in Auburn, there are 8 Dealerships under 50 miles. Aren't Chrysler Dealers required to do repair work on Chryslers/MB?

Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill F
If you are in Auburn, there are 8 Dealerships under 50 miles. Aren't Chrysler Dealers required to do repair work on Chryslers/MB?
Nope, not if they have zero qualified mechanics.

Max, are you sure it's the tranny plate...???? If so, I would look for a tranny shop that works on this particular tranny...

Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Nope, not if they have zero qualified mechanics.

Max, are you sure it's the tranny plate...???? If so, I would look for a tranny shop that works on this particular tranny...
Doc,

absolutely...not. Just reading from this and related forums, including Sprinter. I have (duh!) no way of pulling the buried codes from the TCM. I'll have to rely on someone for this.

Jason from Buckhead says no problem doing the work. Now just waiting for Chrysler.

Yeah.......

Old 11-02-2012, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Doc,

absolutely...not. Just reading from this and related forums, including Sprinter. I have (duh!) no way of pulling the buried codes from the TCM. I'll have to rely on someone for this.

Jason from Buckhead says no problem doing the work. Now just waiting for Chrysler.

Yeah.......
Yep, that's is your best bet then... Hope I don't have to deal with this...so far so good...good luck Max...

Old 11-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Ed Voyles Dodge/Chrysler in Marietta GA has two Certified SRT6 mechanics on staff. They also changed out the top on our Roadster in house and did a perfect job. They have also changed seat heating elements and intercooler pumps for me. I recommend them for Crossfire/SRT6 service work.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Larskeller
Ed Voyles Dodge/Chrysler in Marietta GA has two Certified SRT6 mechanics on staff. They also changed out the top on our Roadster in house and did a perfect job. They have also changed seat heating elements and intercooler pumps for me. I recommend them for Crossfire/SRT6 service work.
I'll call them tomorrow! Thanks.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doc,

Yeah.......

Will Buckhead be doing the TCM reading and diagnosis? What happens if Buckhead changes out the conductor plate and the problem still persists? Where does that leave you?

Old 11-04-2012, 01:05 PM

They said they have full diagnostic capabilities.

I would hope, since it is Chrysler's decision and approval, right where I am now. Without a 'effing car!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They said they have full diagnostic capabilities.

I would hope, since it is Chrysler's decision and approval, right where I am now. Without a 'effing car!

What I'm getting at is :

If after the repair work at a shop of your choice the problem still persists will Chrysler continue to pay for additional repairs or do they say too bad for you?

Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 PM

usually there is communication between the repair facility and the rep from Chrysler to make those decisions based on the diagnostics. So, if they both agree to do a repair and it doesn't work, they move on to the next decision for what to look for and repair. As long as Chrysler ok's each decision, they will continue to pay. I went thru this with GM on a repair from an outside shop, while stranded one winter. I wouldn't think Chrysler would be any different...

Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
usually there is communication between the repair facility and the rep from Chrysler to make those decisions based on the diagnostics. So, if they both agree to do a repair and it doesn't work, they move on to the next decision for what to look for and repair. As long as Chrysler ok's each decision, they will continue to pay. I went thru this with GM on a repair from an outside shop, while stranded one winter. I wouldn't think Chrysler would be any different...
This is what I was thinkin' too...

Old 11-04-2012, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Larskeller
And I'll be trying these guys first.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:23 AM

I spoke to Kenneth Ford at Ed Voyles CJD in Marietta, GA a few minutes ago and was informed that

THEY WOULD BE HAPPY TO REPAIR MY CROSSFIRE. They have 3 CF techs on staff and have seen my issue before. And they'll fix both of my failed seat heaters, too!

Now, all I have to do is get a hold of "Courtney" and get the car flatbedded to Marietta.

Sheesh...

Old 11-16-2012, 08:05 AM

By request, I'm finishing out this thread.

My buddy, alaxfire, drove me the 125 miles, one-way, to pick up my completely repaired (transmission and both seat-bottom heater elements) on this last Monday.

The folks at Ed Voyles CDJ in Marietta, GA were friendly and helpful. This was only AFTER I embarrassed my "Case Manager", Courtney, who, so far as I can determine, just plain lied to me. She did not, as she told me, "...call every dealership within 200 miles...". A concerned forum member (larskeller) enlightened me as to the existence of Ed Voyles, and the fact (!) that he has 2 Crossfire techs on staff and all of the tools needed.

It was indeed the "conductor plate" (speed sensor failure, N3) that went south, as it were, in my transmission.

They did call me to inform me that my front tires were badly worn on the inside and they would be happy to replace them for a mere $300.

Per side. Plus M&B. And another $200 for an alignment. I told them I had the collision repair bolt set in the center console and was informed that installing them would be an additional $280.
$1080 for front tires and an alignment?

I respectfully declined. My local guys will install them for nothing and re-align it for $125. They were embarrassed in June that they couldn't get it within spec. Nice guys, just not real bright.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...