Thread: v8 chevy swap
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 AM
robertalive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: v8 chevy swap

this engine is a 4 bolt main,1 piece rear seal.its good for 255 hp stock.not the 2 piece seal one.so with new heads,ported and polished,comp cam,x treme energy,.488 lift,aluminum rockers,higher compression up to 9.7:1,750 cfm carb,shorty headers,fully upgraded msd digital ignition and all top of the line cooling,high flow water pump and high hp radiator.i was shomn a finished one with 415 hp on the dyno.the torque starts at 330 ft.lbs so anyones guess on the out put. but it is a cruiser style car with all custom body work. i drive my own rig for living,when im not a lanlord.i cant aford all the tickets on my license,need it to make a living.ill see what the end result is on the dyno .my engine is the black one.took that pic in the garage.ill keep the build posted.but the 7 grand was for my trans and everything else,gauges,accesories and stuff.kinda stuff you could reuse on another motor. was suprised to see some of those deals on jegs.when i bought mine those where not there.summit and jegs where the first places i looked.i would have most deff went to Jegs first.will post later.