View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 PM
SRTtoZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Xfire owner, a few questions!

Welp here's my story. I own a 2007 Solar Orange 350z (6speed) and before that I owned a 2005 Neon SRT4 (stage2, with bolt ons). A few days ago my aunt called my mother and told her she has a 2004 White Crossfire with 10k miles sitting in her garage that was her ex husbands (before he died a few months back) and she wanted to give me the car. Of course I said YESSSSSS, so im pretty stoked and have been reading up on these cars. I understand its not going to be as fast as my Z or even SRT4 but still fun none the less.

So my question is what should I expect from the car?

Its a 2004 but only with 10k miles, garage kept, barely used only during the summer/special occasions. He bought it new in 2006 from the dealer and just never drove it, used all of his other cars, but kept up on maintenance and all that.

Its quite literally, in MINT condition.

The other thing im worried about is its a 5 speed auto, which I havent driven since I was in high school (now im in my mid 20's).

How is the Auto in this thing? Does it feel sporty?

Are there things I should be looking out for with this car? especially since its a 2004. Should I go synthetic oil as soon as I get the car? (mobile 1).

Hows the handling on these things?

I do not have the car in my possession yet, she has to drive it down to NY from her house upstate when it gets a bit nicer out since I dont want to drive it in the snow/salt.

Im so stoked, I love the look of these cars and never imagined id get handed one for free with such low mileage.

Thanks!