Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
waldig
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Getting so much resistance from behind . . .

Well I put the resistors in the back of the C and wanted to share with you the steps I took. I did not have to strip any wires, solder, tape or wire nut any leads, so I am sure that you would favor this approach. Do ya get the title???? Catchy eh?

Ok I used the compression wire taps that are insulated and connect to the existing wire without cutting it or any of that mess. I used RED clamps as the size and color are related. The resistor wire leads are smallish about 0.030" so the reds did the job.

The clip on taps are easy to use, the main lead or wire is unbroken and goes in the first slot away from the hinge. The wire to be added to the first wire goes into the second hole - HALF WAY. There is a stop to limit its insertion and only one side / end accepts the wire, see the photo for better understanding. There is enough room to do this BUT IT HELPS if you dont jump in and go at it without a plan, space the connectors so that your not against the socket ( gotta add or replace a bulb ) and not so as to crowd the other connector.

On the brake light I did two resistors, one for running and one for the brake 'filament'. If you close the metal clamp before your set you can pry it open and re-due it with a little effort. I dont have a lamp out indicator.

Hope you like the deal, as before - look at my gallery for more photos, and related cool stuff as they say. Enjoy, Forest 'Woody' Gump

by Buffalo Springfield
from Forrest Gump Soundtrack

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

The extra shielded wire on the harness, is power to my wings brake light led array, fyi.