Old 05-17-2013, 07:45 AM
WaltChamberlin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At my wit's end with Check Engine Light- PU140 code

p0140 = "Secondary Air Injection Pump" with my 2004 Coupe

I've searched this website high and low. I've replaced the blue check valve, I've replaced the ENTIRE PUMP. It's been in the shop 4 times now. Checked by 2 seperate mechanics (including a Chrysler dealership). All they do is check the pump to ensure it is working, clear the code, and say it's good. The check engine light comes back on after a day or 2 after clearing the code.

I have NO idea what to do next. The last mechanic literally told me "The pump works, there's nothing wrong with the Secondary Air Injection System. It has to be an electrical problem that is setting off the code."

The Chrysler dealership was also no help, saying "there's nothing wrong with it". Even when I INSISTED that the code will come back on they said that it wouldn't. And, IT DID COME BACK ON!

Here's the kicker. I have to sell the car, because we ordered a new Dodge Dart from the factory. I've had several people look at the car and will not buy because of the check engine light. The only code that comes up when you run a OBD Diagnostic computer is PU140. As many times as I explain that I've ran the car for a year and a half with the engine light on, and it's confirmed by 2 mechanics that there is literally nothing wrong with the pump, no one wants to buy it.

I'm about to rip the dash apart and pull the bulb for the check engine light. Please, if any of you have ANY ideas, PLEASE let me know.