Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM
waylander
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gone

Originally Posted by Baz15
Hi Jon,

As you say, A sad day,
I was a passenger in a car driving towards Oxford a couple of weeks back when i spotted your Crossfire coming south through Nuneham Courtenay,
Must have been you before you sold him?

So many on here now thinking of.... or selling their crossfires..? And i also had the same thoughts enter my head few weeks back when the DVLA sent me my £475 RFL bill !!! Crazy!!

I've only taxed it 6 months this time while i consider what i'm gonna do in coming months myself,

Have to consider changing, But prob won't, We'll see... the RFL is gonna top £500 soon, Its bit different to you as mine is getting used regularly, but being after March 2006 falls into crazy tax band, And i just can't justify keeping it long term as a 2nd/weekend car with that yearly road tax bill on top of insurance etc. ,

Jon, Is the new owner of your Crossfire from the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area? If so i'll keep a look out for it? Or should i say a listen out for it? :-)

Don't see this arguement TBH -'normal' tax is, what, £270ish? So the 06 onwards costs an extra 200 max, compared to fuel and depreciation it's not a whole bunch IMO