U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gone

Sold.

You were right. The first person bought her.

Sad day

So its good bye from her and good bye from me

Jon

BTW: Hello Merc

Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 AM
Default Re: Gone

Hi Jon,

As you say, A sad day,
I was a passenger in a car driving towards Oxford a couple of weeks back when i spotted your Crossfire coming south through Nuneham Courtenay,
Must have been you before you sold him?

So many on here now thinking of.... or selling their crossfires..? And i also had the same thoughts enter my head few weeks back when the DVLA sent me my £475 RFL bill !!! Crazy!!

I've only taxed it 6 months this time while i consider what i'm gonna do in coming months myself,

Have to consider changing, But prob won't, We'll see... the RFL is gonna top £500 soon, Its bit different to you as mine is getting used regularly, but being after March 2006 falls into crazy tax band, And i just can't justify keeping it long term as a 2nd/weekend car with that yearly road tax bill on top of insurance etc. ,

Jon, Is the new owner of your Crossfire from the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area? If so i'll keep a look out for it? Or should i say a listen out for it? :-)

Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Baz15
Hi Jon,

As you say, A sad day,
I was a passenger in a car driving towards Oxford a couple of weeks back when i spotted your Crossfire coming south through Nuneham Courtenay,

So many on here now thinking of.... or selling their crossfires..? And i also had the same thoughts enter my head few weeks back when the DVLA sent me my £475 RFL bill !!! Crazy!!

I've only taxed it 6 months this time while i consider what i'm gonna do in coming months myself,

Have to consider changing, But prob won't, We'll see... the RFL is gonna top £500 soon, Its bit different to you as mine is getting used regularly, but being after March 2006 falls into crazy tax band, And i just can't justify keeping it long term as a 2nd/weekend car with that yearly road tax bill on top of insurance etc. ,

Jon, Is the new owner of your Crossfire from the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area? If so i'll keep a look out for it? Or should i say a listen out for it? :-)
Yes, that was me. Off to Oxford. Taking my youngest son in for his theory test (ouch failed ). I think they are from Hampshire area. I will find out. Tell them to get on here for chatting etc.

Cheers mate. I will keep in touch.

Over and out

Old 06-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sad news jon but knew the first viewer would snap her up...best of luck with whatever you get next and keep dropping by....all the best...chris....

Old 06-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfchris
sad news jon but knew the first viewer would snap her up...best of luck with whatever you get next and keep dropping by....all the best...chris....
Cheers mate

Take care
Jon and April

(up the gunners )

Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Baz15
Hi Jon,

As you say, A sad day,

Don't see this arguement TBH -'normal' tax is, what, £270ish? So the 06 onwards costs an extra 200 max, compared to fuel and depreciation it's not a whole bunch IMO

Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by waylander
Don't see this arguement TBH -'normal' tax is, what, £270ish? So the 06 onwards costs an extra 200 max, compared to fuel and depreciation it's not a whole bunch IMO
Hi,

My thoughts upon tax renewal were not comparing costs of taxing say a 04/05 plate Crossfire with a £270 RFL to my yearly £470 RFL?

But with what others in today's new generation of engine/emission cars are paying on RFL per year?

In some cases £0-£30

That's attractive to buyers,

Mind you, I can also see the GOVERNMENT changing the tax band pricing again in the coming years,
Not getting enough back while the Motorist is paying £0-£120 a year on RFL are they?

Your right regarding deprecation argument though, A newer vehicle would take a big hit in value over say 3 years ownership,
Which is why i haven't' changed up to now, Along with the fact i enjoy owning my Crossfire,

I think i just begrudge paying close to £500 a year just to drive my well maintained car on a pothole infested road,

While others pay half the value, or even much less as their poorly maintained black smoking, mobile pieces of junk just chug away in front of me choking up my cabin,

I mean buses and coaches pay less RFL?
How can that be right?

Insurance - Fine,
Tyres -Fine
Oil/Service items -Fine

RFL at £475 per year...(this will rise) ? I have issues with that!