Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM
live2drive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Meguires ultimate black restorer on wiper shroud

Originally Posted by tonygg
Thanks for the post. I haven't tried that specific Meguiars product. Your post caught my eye because my wiper shroud is the one item that I have struggled with since owning the car. I have tried a number of products including CD-2 which works amazing on the rest of the engine. Usually my application of whatever product has the shroud looking like new as per your image. But after a very short time of driving, and having the engine heat it up, it goes back to looking like yours did. Nothing I use seems to combat the problem so I'm eager to learn what others are using. Let us know how it looks a week later, a month later.
^ this is what I'm concerned about, you can clearly see on the bottle that it says "Lasts for weeks!". I just checked it this morning and other than missing a few small spots it looks great, but I'll definitely report back when it begins to fade.

Originally Posted by xfchris
i had the same problem, i think most do, couldnt get it to stay looking good so i pulled the panel off and got some paint mixed in a rattle can and sprayed it, dont look to shabby and its easy to keep looking nice...chris

That looks great, xfchris! As I stated in my first post, I considered painting it as an option but it seems to be a pain to pull it off the car so I figured I'd try this first.