Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 PM
rtmopar85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the real deal with adding hp to the srt-6

Pulley, you have the choose of crank or supercharger. Most will says, supercharger as they are easiest to change out. I went for what I could find being sold used cheap on the forum classifieds. I picked up a 181 Eurocharged Crank Pulley from a forum member that had upgraded to something else.

Got a remote tune and Eurocharged sent me the rest of the missing pulleys to work correctly for the 181 for next to nothing. Cut me a hetch of a deal due to my health concerns as apparently they are great guys.

I installed a wide band air fuel gauge just for insurance in where our ashtray is at (clean install, on here as well) , but it turns out it wasn't needed. But it is cool to look at.

Pulley, single cold air intake, and tune. I gurantee I have 90% of the performance of the guys that have gone all out. The difference is amazing. You really need to do all three together as they compliment themselves. I tried removing the resonators but didn't like the noise, louder but just didn't sound good. You'll find a lot posts on here about exhaust and how most didn't like what they did. Just the resonators would be fine if you didn't drive that much but I drive my car everyday. It got old on the interstate and it is hard to make our cars sound good. Its cheap to remove the resonators or secondary cats and you can always put them back on. I think I've heard better luck with the Cats and sound. I didn't notice any increase in performance actual, but sounds faster. I think the NW downtubes mentioned above have some dyno proven numbers but are high for me. If I had the money I would just buy everything from Needswings or Eurocharged, but I didn't and made it work without spending much. Probably got less that $500 in everything since EC cut me a deal on the remote tune. The car is day and night faster. You better have some good tires, if you have the stock continentals you will have interesting traction problems. I had to cut the traction control off as it is violent when it would engage all the time. I went with 285 wide Hankooks and stock size in front and never regreted it (Cost more than any mod made) . Made the car driveable again after the power you'll gain. I didn't install a supercooler, but did monitor my AIT with a cheap ultragauge (cool little device). I didn't install a bigger bosch pump (not problems with stock) I wish I had a drag strip time but I know the car is faster than my '02 Z06 and my '67 R/T (runs 12.4 at 112mph) just from seat the pants time. I have around 49,000 miles on the car and haven't had a single problem from the mods. I did have a altenator go bad on vacation but changed it out in the parking lot of autozone. The IC pumps are crap and will go out. I bought the car and the pump was destroyed. Ordered a ford lightning or cobra pump online and wired in place. Another savings (80 bucks). Enjoy the new power. If your going to be drag racing the car every weekend buy all the other stuff, intake manifolds, ported y pipes, and a supercooler or install meth. Otherwise, do the big three, pulley, CAI, and tune and drive it.