View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Mrmiata
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: "Error Free" Led Lights

Originally Posted by pmg12345
I've installed canbus bulbs for all 4 turnsignal lights and get no error on the dash. Thats the good news. but now i have the dreaded hyper flashing syndrome when i turn on either turn signal or the hazard switch.

i have searched thru lots of posts from the search engine that discuss hyper flashing but most are old and claim no solution. Anyone know the answer or the thread that i should be looking at to deal with this? my understanding is that there is no flasher module to modify as its electronic and built into the turn signal switch/cluster if i screwed something up along the way.

This newbie could use a hint, please.
Well your correct on the "location".. lighting control module... not a user friendly adventure to modify.

You can wire in resistors.. not my idea of a decent fix..

And you don't get a dash "bulb out" warning with them.. the hyperflash is your warning.

I've actually gotten to where I like flashing faster than "normal".. Think it catches peoples attention a little more. I've committed to custom LED's on the vette forum.. otherwise I think I would put them in it too.. fixable with a simple relay upgrade.. if I wanted the "normal"..

The ones I installed in the brake - running light position give no error on the brake side, but do on the running lights. Go figure.. LOL.