View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:56 PM
SRT6 Gang Member
THREE 6S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: datalogs LEAN AFR

Originally Posted by hustler316
As stated earlier we do not need to increase fuel pressure, we need to increase fuel volume and be able to maintain pressure. That is a huge difference.
Increasing the fuel pressure is one way to increase fuel volume, I agree that increasing fuel pressure is not needed, which is why I didn't do it. While not reflected in my original post, my cliff notes were drafted over 2yrs ago but reflect what you are stating now.

Also, if you only have low to mild increase in boost (2-4 lbs) a walbro pump should be sufficient.
Understood, however my boost exceeds that 2-4 lbs above stock levels, which is why I went with the SL55 Fuel Pump. Not even that is enough to correct the volume issue alone when pushing 20+ lbs or 5-6 lbs above stock levels. In comes the injectors and problem solved.

The stock fuel filter/regulator has suffecient flow charastics to supply an ample amount of fuel for most if not all engine modifications.
Correct but the stock fuel filter/ regulator is replaced when adding an ADJ F/P Regulator. That was one of the conventional ways of thinking during those times.