Old 10-17-2013, 10:38 AM
grip grip
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: New gearing in my SRT6 - from 3.07 to 3.27 - Success!

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Either way, that would really make the car act like a lot of my old bowties...meaning a handful, lol... I will give Rudy a call this weekend... I am out of work for another month, missing about 3 months altogether so, this may be a winter project, but I certainly would love to do it if your testing and Les' testing work out for you. Thanks for the update...I will always have the roadster to go high speed, but I would love to get some more out of blue in the 1/4/1/2 events...
You're welcome.

Originally Posted by TommyT
You plan on staying with the same tire height for the track?
I'm running Mickey Thompson ET Streets in 265/40/18's, and don't plan on changing them out.

Originally Posted by JimmySkullz
Very Awesome!
Maybe

Originally Posted by amx1397
we did this in a charger so i know it will fit.

just in case you want a 3.91
first you get a rear,3.91 posi unit from a challenger off ebay for around $800.00 also
get the hubs and the axles,
from a cls get the rear mount bracket
drill a hole in your rear mount support for the new bracket for the rear to fit
replace the rear hubs, or re spline the axles for the crossfire hubs
call Rudy for the TCU

your done.
Good info

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
I have read that some of the '04 had a problem with gear whine. Do the diff's with two piece axles from the '04's bolt right up to the solid axles from '05's and later?
I wasn't aware (or forgot) the early XF's had the flanges. I thought that was only the early SLK's. They don't interchange, but I'd guess the ring and pinion would be the same.