View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 AM
velociabstract
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: First time set6 at track

I saw a video of what happens to an injector when it goes static, when fuel pressure is increased and prior to going static. Some injectors seem to loose the pattern, some almost stop spraying completely, etc. Sending the injectors to be cleaned and checked helped my AFR's but it's not cheap. $20 to $25 per injector. Upgrading the fuel pump helped a little. The injectors seem the way to go. I've resisted because of the tuning. Every tune I've had done in the past required several retunes to make me happy. Getting the injector's dialed in remotely seem's to be a challenge that I don't want to tackle until I have no other choice. As far as your times. I'd expect a few more mph and I understand the traction issues. I only managed one 12 second run with street tires. As I added power I went slower. The wavetrac got me into the 12's. The drag radials got me into the 11's. I'd buy the drag setup before doing anything else. If you don't plan on adding more power you may be able to fix your problem by following my path and retuning. (SL55 pump, injector service) I'm sure you realize that going faster is an addiction. Now that I'm in the 11's I want more. For years all I wanted was the trophy number and now that I have it …… I want more.

Les