View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:02 PM
buggy4crossfires
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Roadster Convertible Roof

I've had my Roadster just over a year and the top has performed flawlessly as has the rest of the car. I love the BMW as much as the next person but you're really not comparing apples to apples. Firstly although impractical as such the BMW is an occasional 4 seater (in an emergency) whereas the XF is an intimate 2 seat sports car. But beyond that the prices aren't even close. I would venture to guess (at least in the States) a dealer won't let you out with a BMW 330ci for under $50,000 while you can probably get a Limited Roadster for $30,000. You can't look at which one is the better choice without considering the extra cost. Lastly, I drove past my local BMW dealer yesterday. Happens to be a large dealership in Huntington , NY with a huge used car business as probably 75% of everything moved is on lease and they get them all back after 2-3 years. The cars are sectioned off in a lot opposite the dealer when they come back according to model type. There were conservatively 15-20 late model 3 series convertibles for the choosing. By comparison, my DC dealer right down the block I can guarantee hasn't sold 10 XF's since they've come out. There is something to be said for not seeing yourself coming and going!