Old 12-17-2013, 09:34 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: HOW TO replace headlight bulb. Pictured step by step instructions

Originally Posted by UK CrossfireFan
.... And I didn't notice there were 7 pages of posts on this thread. Sorry to all. Will try harder in future.

Happy Christmas.

Mike
That did not stop you from sending me this PM complaining I had upset you.
I didn't particularly want to extend the thread any further, but could you explain how a 'simple question' would have answered this?

Those who don't know how to hold a bulb correctly won't know to ask, and, based upon photo 7 might handle a new one by the glass too, so I and apparently 5 other members raised this as a flag to stop others who don't know from damaging their light bulbs.

The logical thing might be to amend the sticky which is supposed to be a bible for those with less knowledge, rather than slur those trying to help. Had it been amended on the first occasion it was pointed out,it would't have been raised again.

Just a thought...

Mike
As to the 'stickys 'being Bibles', think again. They were written by people who sometimes made errors and failed to correct them. Sometimes the OP left the forum and never corrected them the OP here has been gone for over a year. Sometimes the original sticky was ruined when the OP left and erased his pictures. The sticky ignition fix is typical, the moderators cannot correct everything, you may get **** if you post something they find offensive. Obviously with eleven posts to your name and joining this month you are still wet behind the ears, so you are forgiven if you feel insulted by my comments, how I did that I fail to see. I can insult you better if you like.

A poster here the other day said he would correct his original post adding that a different size inch socket could do the job a bit better. Great, but he ignored the fact it is a car with metric sizes on it, and failed to say what the correct metric socket was. Using inch sockets on metric fasteners is asking for trouble.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.