View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 02:35 AM
atrius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi, looking at Crossfires...

Originally Posted by BooGTS
I really can't drive an average car (dodge neon, honda civic) and now I need a DD to drive 70 miles a day, all year round to work and back. I live in Michigan. Seems like with 2 sets of tires I would be fine.

Basically, I don't know much about Crossfires. Are they reliable (because I will buy used, likely in the 20k mile range, so only 16k miles of full warranty left), comfortable for long trips and decent on gas? I read that they get 25 mpg hwy, but I'm not sure if thats with auto or manual. I plan on the latter.

Also, besides searching autotrader and ebay, does any one know of any good deals in SE Mich? Really looking for a black, silver, red, charcoal one with a black/cedar int.

Thanks for a response to any part of that!
I bought mine used from Carmax. I still wouldn't have anything else. Some people have reported endless problems, others have had none. Thankfully, I am one of the second group. I've been tracking my gas mileage since I bought it and can say that average in town mileage is 22.3/gallon at this point. As to the reported problems, the most common that come to mind are the failure of the heated seats, transmission problems with the stick, failure of the radio, and failure of the rear hatch. Some have also reported problems with moisture in the headlights. Of these, I have only experienced the heated seats issue.

Probably the largest complaint anyone has had about the Crossfire is the crappy service provided by most of the dealerships. So, I would recommend checking out your local dealerships very well. Questioning them on the Crossfire wouldn’t be a bad idea before you let them do anything.

When I bought mine it had 23k on it, and I couldn’t really tell. As others have said, I will drive it until it drops. The pick it up and do it again.

I love the Crossfire, and go the long way everywhere. Sorry for rambling.