View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:12 AM
mhmerrick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

Alarm going off on its own! Interior light flickers / unlocking randomly if driving!!
Still trying to find cricket on crack. My siren has been weak for years no on my 04. I kind of liked not having the noise, but it seems to have progressed leaving me stranded at work yesterday. Yesterday the fob wouldn't open the car. Opened with the key and the alarm lights started. It didn't stop with the fob or inserting the key. When it stopped I started the car but it quickly died. Then it would not turn the starter at all. Saw in another post to remove fuse #9 to disable the domelight, horn and alarm. The light went off, but the horn and the alarm both still worked. Replaced the fob batteries, no help. Had no tools at work so I called a tow truck. He tried to jump it to no avail. At home I found a post and decided t follow the suggestion to take the 10mm to the negative and disconnected and reconnected the battery. I could not start now since the battery was low. Put on the charger for a few minutes and it started .Drove 38 mi to work where it restarted fine. Did not lock the car. 10 hours later it started and drove home fine. I am going to try replacing the siren next. So glad all of you are there to help figure out these issues. The local dealer quoted $8-900 to replace the SKREEM but it seems the siren is the problem from what I have read here in the forum. allmoparparts.com/oemparts/5124443AB has it for $144 plus shipping. I'll call around town tomorow and see if someone can get it sooner of without shipping costs. We'll see. Price is triple what is was in 2008!