Thread: AFR Question
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 01:45 PM
meh03
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: AFR Question

Originally Posted by Sik Srt-6
Hey guys please be easy as I haven't been on the forum for a while, and now that spring is near, im back. But hasn't anyone upgraded the fuel pressure regulator to a boost compensating style to increase fuel pressure during boost, or just plain increase fuel pressure by 5psi to help lower the AFR.. or is the fuel pump still the bottle neck?

I thought I read a thread that began with that concept but cant find it anymore.
I hate not knowing what my AFR is, and I haven't driven the car much since Ive done my mods. Ill be putting in a wideband this spring.

NW does have an adjustable regulator that can be installed as long as you install a non regulated filter. I've read on here the stock pump will flow enough with that added. However, I have also read several that have added the SL55 pump and that solved the problem.

Those two conflict. If you install the SL55 pump, you still are limited by the stock filter's regulator. The only way that makes sense to me is if the stock pump is falling off at higher RPM's and the SL55 will still flow as much as the filter will allow which is why it helps.