View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
2much2handle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had various buzzes over the past year finally ending with the federal one which is loud enough and works correctly( no squeal) as some of the radio shack ones will do. as for the skreem module that's an unrelated issue. there is a couple of very useful threads on here that helped me when mine has an issue. specifically some do's and don'ts along with how to reset it without frying the ecu / ecm not sure what ours is considered.

[qQUOTE=BisB;795031]Where did you mount the Federal Signal 252-012-048 Vehicular Back-Up Alarm - 0.2 Amps 97 DB ? I originally installed the Radio Shack 273-059 but not loud enough to hear over city traffic noise. Then installed a "high intensity" Radio Shack Piezo Buzzer 12VDC, 7.0-14VDC 150Ma - 108dB. This one is loud enough but has a varying audible kind of a "squeal" when locking (3 times parking light flashing), 1 time (1 squeal) when disarming. Radio Shack does not allow you to hear buzzers prior to purchase. I picked this one for the 108dB. This one no doubt may be a squealer. The Skreem module associated with the car alarm/ignition failed. Not sure if related to the Piezo Buzzer install. Anyone have any input about the Skreem module failure that may be related to these buzzers? The only symptom is that the engine would turn over 1 time but not catch. (not sure if the engine starting failure began before or after the buzzer install) The second attempt to crank the engine, the engine would catch until, of course the last time when the CF would not start. Thanks for any info out there.[/QUOTE]