View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 11:39 AM
horse111
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top wont go down

I have a 2005 roadster..i will try and explain what is and isn't happening....when I would unlock d ring for top windows would not go down and when pressing the top button on console the red light would flash and beeping would commence and top wouldn't go down....since car was still under warranty I bought it to the dealer in the winter time of course 7 weeks later they say pick up car its fixed so I pick up the car....first nice day about 2 months or so after repair I go to put the top down and exact same thing happens...no windows not top goes down I call them....now mind you car is now off warranty....they say bring it in...I say sure 2 weeks later they say its fixed I go to pick up car...nothing happens...they start scratching heads...they tell me top was going down...I say top isn't going down...nor windows after unlocking d ring...after fuddying around with the switch in the console..i see top go down one time after pushing the button about 50 times....I say that's not good...they say the switch is no good and i say tell you what I will buy new switch for console if it continues its coming back...now I buy a new switch...nothing...no top no windows...now I bring it back...I tell them windows are supposed to go down when d ring is unlatched...now they get a new sensor or switch for the header area where d ring is....they tell me pick up car it works I go to pick up the car... now I get the windows to go down but no top goes down...now everybody is scratching there heads...they still have my car...stopped in yesterday and was told that they are working on it when they can and make adjustments top goes down let it sit a day top doesn't work next day...I haven't seen this just been told this...also been told that they don't know enough about the car to really know what is going on?...I said if it is intermittent its electrical or a sending unit or computer...he just says were trying and leaves me with this...I hope you get the car back by the end of the summer...now there is more to this story...I bought the car in to Chrysler under warranty..the service guy who I dealt with never called in my work to the warranty company so Chrysler never got paid for the work and parts they say they did...and now car is out of warranty and I reuse to pay because it wasn't fixed in first place and they don't want to loose any more money since no one will be paying them so they are taking there time with the vehicle...meanwhile I am driving an old minivan with my car sitting in the shop for 4 weeks now with it not being fixed...let me state divider in the back is up and in proper position and trunk is latched...any help would be great....I also posted this in the troubleshooting section