Old 05-18-2006, 07:58 PM
JCM298
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions re: Headlight aiming/adjustment

Last week the dealer installed new headlights in my wife's 2004 Crossfire because the old ones had fogged up. Last night was the first night driving we'd done since the install.

The low beams were worthless. The left light showed about 10 feet of road. I had to use the high beams just to travel about two miles. What used to be a straight line along the top of the lights is now a reversed "Z", with the left part of "Z" a lot lower than the right.

I searched in this forum and pg 44 of the owners manual is mentioned. My manual shows that pg 44 refers to engine break-in and exhaust gas safety tips. I checked the service manual I downloaded, thanks to woody, and can find nothing.

My owners manual shows how to aim the lights on pages 216 & 217. On page 216, it refers to finding the "0" indicator. I've looked at both light housings and can't find either "0". What am I doing wrong?

On page 217, there are directions on how to adjust the lights.

1. Open hood & remove inner wheel well panel to access the headlight rear cover.

Question: Since there is no panel and the rear cover is in plain sight, what and why would I remove it?

2. Remove the headlight rear cover fasteners and remove the cover.

Question: Where is the cover? The rear of the headlight holder/housing is in plain sight.

3/4. Refers to adjustment screws and they are in plain sight.

4. Turn the adjustment screws until both "0" indicators are aligned as shown.

Question: Where are the "0" indicators?

I don't want to take it back to the dealer for a number of reasons.

I miss the good old cars that merely required a dark stretch of road and a screwdriver to adjust lights.

Thanks for your help.

John

Last edited by JCM298; 05-18-2006 at 08:17 PM.